If your device is currently enrolled with the latest version of Jamf (Last enrolled in 2017 or later) Perform Solution 1. If not, skip to Solution 2.
1. Visit your Self service application
2. Visit the Computer Management section.
3. Click on the Update inventory - RSS command.
If this does not fix the issue, see the steps below.
1. Ask your school's technician to assist with acquiring the certificate, "RSSWebfilter.rss.k12.nc.us.cer"
2. Place it in the Keychain Access app under System > Certificates (You may drag it or copy and paste it.)
3. Right-click on the certificate and choose Get info
4. Click on the arrow next to Trust and change the first certificate option to "Always Trust".
To always have the latest patch updates from RSS, please manually enroll the computer that you are working on.
3. Make sure that the user's username or stationary device is selected for the appropriate school it is located at.
4. Click on "Enroll"
5. A screen asking you to install a certificate will appear, you will click on "Continue" and right-click the file that is downloaded, then click on "Open."
6. You will be prompted to continue and enter admin credentials. After the installation is complete, return to the browser and follow step 7.
7. A screen asking you to install an MDM profile will appear, you will click on "Continue" and right-click the file that is downloaded, then click on "Open."
8. You will be prompted to continue and enter admin credentials multiple times.
9. The device is now enrolled.